R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 AM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi Ray, thanks for sharing. I would assume your tests above were on JC Bar Codes, am I correct?

Have you compared Bar Codes with Losi BK Bar Red? I am curious if BK Bar Red is as temperature sensitive as Bar Codes, because I believe everyone just ran BK Bar Red at the rear end all day at previous Hot Rod Shootouts.

Hi mate,

all testing was on Bar Codes, correct.

I was comparing directly with the BK Bars (reds). I would say that the JC Orange is most comparable with the Losi Red compound, with the JC White being a little harder, but not as dramatic a difference in grip as going to say Losi Silver.

The biggest difference I found with the Bar Codes vs the BK Bar at the rear was that the Bar Codes were much smoother in the transition from cornering to acceleration. The forward traction and cornering grip was not that much different to BK bars, but were much easier to drive especially if there are any flowing sections on the track where you need to blend cornering and throttle. My consistency with Bar Codes was much better and I could drive a bit more aggressively. I think that this is due to the 'Y' design.

The 2wd front bar codes grip better than the taper pins and wear much better, as well as working better if there is any dust on the track. Id recommend having a used set of whites for the front if the grip really comes up and there is no dust.

Ray