R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Fuels???
Thread: Race Fuels???
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
rcgeezer
Tech Addict

Default Freshness counts!!

Werks, I appreciate your naturally curious nature and I'm certain our sport is the better for it! I also appreciate your willingness to openly discuss not only your products but processes as well. One thing we can all agree on is that having choices is vitally important to rc racing. As a fuel manufacturer I'm certain you'd agree that other important factors to consider when making your choice are product freshness and consistancy. I think these factors are often overlooked, and get lost in product content discussions like oil percentages and the like. When a racer grabs a bottle of fuel at his LHS he/she really has no idea how long it's been sitting there or just how old it is. The fresher the fuel the better, and you certainly want each and every bottle to be consistant.

It's clear that each of us has our favorites for a reason, and I don't believe in bashing other products simply because someone chose differenly than I did. That's what makes this country so great...the freedom to choose as we please. One of the reasons I've gravitated to Cold Fusion fuel beyond it's performance factors is the guarantee of freshness and consistancy. It's mixed in small quantities usually to order, and the product is always the same bottle-to-bottle. I appreciate that fact and the benefits my engine realizes because of it. That's in no way meant as a negative comment on how your's or Torco's or anyone elses are made, just a positive comment on my fuel of choice based upon my knowledge of the product.

It's nice that we can debate without bashing, and I hope it continues! Keep up the good work guys!!