R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
Hey guys I finally got my Graphite XXX-S up and running. I have a Novak GTB Esc and a 3.5T velociti BL Motor. I know it is super fast. I was wondering what motor would be perfect for this car how many turn??? Also I would like to know what is everybodys favorite Spur and Pinion setups??(how many teeth) I would like to know please.

Also I was reading some stuff about bearings and to clean them and remove the shields??? It has been sitting for a while, what is a few things I should do and look at or into?? what are some new things that came out for this car?? its been about 6 years since I raced these little guys. I have 3 of them and selling 2 of them if any1 wants one or needs 1. Let me know

Thanx again guys
a Motor choice is all depend on the track you running at, not your car. XXX-S can handle all of modern Brushless motors.

you should check out your local track what class they offer and you should choose a motor according to that.

a biggest spur gear should be use on the car as long as desired final drive ratio allowed, usually for 5.5 BL or faster needs 128, 17.5BL use a 108 Spur in 64 pitch.

you can take 1 side of shield off from axle bearings and those large chassis bearings, install bearings back with with a shield facing outside, easier to clean and lube also little less friction.

I dont think any one makes any hop up for this car anymore, stock losi parts are plenty available for sure

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Right on, I bet once they saw it they were like WTF?! Old school fools!
OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-16-2009 at 08:20 AM.