Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tdu verney;5917936]
Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I looked into the rear flex plate pivot housings and didnt find anything unusual about them. They are the same as they have always been and seem to be the same strength as our origionals. However, i will increase the wall thickness around the pivot balls being that there are some of you that are having problems with breakage. I will be making the new ones as of monday and will throw away the inventory i have now. The center pivot will not go through any changes as we found by strengthening it moved the breaking point to more expensive areas of the car. The rear pod took too much abuse when i beefed up the center pivot.

I was surprised to hear about this problem until it happened to me twice?
My research shows the fault is not the pivot housing but the set up! To light, and in a corner the rear slides the back end into the boards everytime with the new light weight 1s lipo.
For sure, without the weight of the 4 cells the back end unloads really quick and slams the rear wheel flat into the boards. The impact moves directly to the pivot ball in the housing. Believe me I've test the strenght of this car.
That may be it, I ONLY started breaking these once I put the LiPo in. hmm I thought dropping 6oz of weight would make parts less prone to breakage...