R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Chiefy 707
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fade2black85
Hey guys new to the boards here, but not to r/c. I use to own a few back in the day. (hpi R40, Hi Savage, Kyosho Inferno mp9) Anyway, Ive been missing the hobby for sometime now, and Im thinking about picking one of these up to toy with. Anyway I wanted to know what you guys thought about these for drifting. Its just something I want to have fun with, do some mods, and kind of work myself back into the hobby while I save up for a 1/10 scale nitro next year.

Anyway thanks for the help in advance, and look forward to joning the owners club..
In all honesty fade, I personally feel the Cup Racer isn't a very good plaything. Some of the parts are a bit too fragile (85281-10, 85285). If only parts were more readily available this wouldn't be as much an issue. Granted the car is still very new so there's still possibly an aftermarket and perhaps HPI may even update the parts themselves. I hope this happens soon though, I raced my CR last sunday and it broke. The week prior the car was such a sweetheart during practice and alot of people noticed. Come raceday and all it wanted to do was swap ends.