R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
RayJ
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcsquish
OK, I feel like a noob asking this, but I have searched and I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling from the answers I have found.
I have a 353 '08 with 1.5 gal through it. I have only been able to run it two weekends so far this season and I'm having a weird problem. What should the space be in the chamber at TDC for 25% fuel?
The issue is that it runs like a champ good top end power (@220 F), low end is good (now hesitation after the 5 - 6 sec. idle then full throttle), blows good smoke, after a 5min warm up & 5 min run it comes in and the idle drops W/O high pinging, BUT it won't idle more than 6 - 7 sec. before dieing.
Tried raising the idle, no luck. I'm going to rebuild the carb this week.

Thanks for any helpful advice in advance!

If the motor has run good up to 1.5 gallons and there were no issues, changing the head clearance isn't going to solve the problem. Nova carbs are also very reliable, and if there is a leak issue it would show up right away. This sounds more like a fuel tank issue to me. If you have a new fuel tank try it. I had a very simliar experience and changing the fuel tank did the trick. I would definately check the tank for leaks. When the engine is at full operating temp, look at the fuel line. There should be no bubbles.