R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
It seems strange that the kit setup has the ackerman on the hubs in the forward position?

Could the hubs possibly be molded so that the rear hole is the extreme rear hole as used by the old xray hubs? So that the fwd hole is actually equal to the rear hold on other cars.
The shorter position is the same as the long position on the old HPI/HB steering blocks that we used to use (rubber tire). The longer position we used for foam tires here in the US.

Yes, the car is super light - Even with 5-cells at the Reedy Race and the 1425g limit I still had to add 55g to get my car to the legal limit - That's with a box stock kit with only titanium tie-rods added to the car. I did run a small servo but still I would have had to add quite a bit of weight.

As far as balancing, I prefer the holes in the shock towers as you don't need special balancing posts to check your car. You can simply use two xacto blades or even a 1.5mm wrench to lift the car. As long as the table you are checking on is close to level then you can feel very small differences in picking up/setting down the car to balance it (within 5g). I've double checked this with my 4 corner scales and I can get it closer this way than the balancing pins.