R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin' X2 Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
NsideLine
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JUD
Whats the differnce between their settings? Im using 1.0 springs.
A lot from what I remember seeing... Go to the website...

I run basically Chad's setup (since he built the car, I just left most of it alone...) but I have done a few things just to try em out, and some are stuff he's done since his setup was posted there as well, that have worked for the better too... I went to the aluminum towers, as they are a bit more durable, and the car doesn't lose any advantages with the slight weight gain. I went to the alum. rear hubs too... and they are a bit wider at the lower pin, and if you put them in the forward position, they work well. And I would rather have the strength there too, and again, not much heavier. I added the alum. rear wing cross-bars, just for strength/looks, and there is a one-piece motor mount that is extremely hard to find, but was once designed for the new car (X2) but then scrapped for the two-piece mounts, as it positioned the engine block further inward, and you have to slightly trim the corner of the inside motor mount to avoid it just barely touching on the center-rear driveshaft. It's so slight though, that I don't mind barely shaving the corner off the mount to use it. "Right now I'm borrowing it though, until Jay finds me one hopefully!"

But I've tried a few different spring combo's and always came back to the stock blue-front, white-rear setup Chad runs. It works the best all-around. I see no need to use stiffer or lighter springs at either end. It just feels right...

I am a B-team driver, and run mainly at Revelation, and venture out to a few other tracks like Thunder Alley and ARC when I get a chance, or there's a bigger event, and for me the X2 has been awesome so far. I won (see above) two weekends ago, and TQ'd last Sat. by about 5 sec. (And showed up late and just threw the car out and ran the fastest time of the day in the class... with 0 practice besides warmup...) Then I was leading the first couple laps of the main until I got a little crooked off this off-set group of different sized jumps, which isn't too uncommon for that section of the track, and came down wrong, and the front driveshaft popped out, and my day was over...

I've been having this happen with the front-left driveshaft when coming down off big jumps, and/or landing slightly crooked and the driveshaft just comes out of the diff and jams itself up in there.

Does anyone ever have this problem, and if so, what causes it? Too much up-travel? Is there a simple solution? I haven't ever had it happen on the other side, and it seems that the left DS sits a bit more shallow in the diff cup, but I can't determine why... I have my diff spaced with two washers on each side just as Chad had it when I first pulled it apart...

I appreciate any help...

Jason