R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok, I just picked up an R5. Was gona ask about a lipo setup but looks like either everybody is hush hush or they just dont have one yet.

The car I picked up is a bit out in left field as far as setup goes. .022 front spring with gold center shock (stock?) and silver side spring (stock?) 20wt in side shock and 30wt in center. Purple frt tires with dbl pink rear.

First 4 mins the car turns like crazy. A bit quick for me but it does what I tell it to. After 4 mins the pack and tires go off and Im looking at about .5 drop or more in lap times. First off Im gona drop the front spring to .020 and up the side spring to blue. Next is softer tires to see if they can hold on for the whole 8mins. Then 30wt in side shock to slow the transition down a touch.

Not sure if you guys want me to post what I find. If you do let me know. Im running on med to high grip carpet. Right now with no PT im at 689 grams. Im sure that when I get one in there it will be at the ROAR min weight. Also runing no booster or rx pack with a gtb 4cell speedo.

DK