R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM
teknorc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnev
I have only ran my cars at ARC once, and I had a great time. Over summer, I'd like to get to at least a couple races. I have a couple quick questions first though if you guys don't mind answering them. Is there enough time to run two classes (buggy and truggy)? Is your own transponder needed or can you rent them at the track? And if you need your own, do you only need one for multiple cars? How much track time do you usually get on a race day for one vehicle. I currently only have one battery for each car that lasts about 25 minutes. Is there time to charge it between qualifying heats and mains?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Josh
Hi Josh,
Haven't seen you around in a while.

Yes, there is enough time to run two classes

Yes, you need your own transponder. You can use the same one for both classes, but don't forget to change them before your race

If you are only racing, you'll get (2) 5 minute qualifiers and a 10 or 15 minute main for each class. If you show up early, there is open practice before racing, so it depends on how many batteries you have.

There is time to charge in between the heats and mains, but you may need a dual charger (i.e. Hyperion Duo) or a single powerful charger capable of >1C charge rates. You'll notice that your vehicles won't get the same run time during a race so be careful not to over-discharge them.

See you out there!