R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Ramyuras
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by artwork
The plate was designed to be used with the thinner packs because of the current design in the bulked on the TC. When I worked with Chris to design this plate the requirements were simple. Let's make a plate that keeps the battery from moving around and keeps the weight very low on the car. It seems that all of these new LIPOs keep getting bigger and bigger. It is hard to design a plate that will work for every single combination, and with the limited amount of space between the chassis and the bottom of the bulked it is even harder. I am sorry that you had issues with the plate but I am sure you can sell it pretty easily if you still have it. These Brass weight plates work so well it amazes me, Chris is very meticulous and does a great job producing them.

The Cyclone TC seems very sensitive to weight placement. Run the weight too high and traction roll city. Run it on the outside and the car feels funny. I have done a ton of testing around weight placement in this car and I can tell you that you must have the weight as low as possible in the car or you will really feel it. The height of the weight is so important.

The height of your electronics and wiring also plays a big role in trying to keep the car in balance. I have run a lot of cars in my time and I can tell you that you MUST take the time to find balance in this car. If not you will be fighting issues until you fix it.
I think the problem I am having is what you said about weight placment my car push med to exit on most 180 deg corners and transition is very slow in chine, the only other problem I have is the lipo I am using is the 6000 SMC which is hard to stuff in without grinding the bulk head and that is without the tray weigth, I have most of the lead weight on the battery on the outside to keep the car balance from left to right my car is balance but it feel funny.