R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
What is the latest Rubber tires set up in GT1 or GT2 everyone is using in TCS?
Really depends on the surface you race on & the conditions. The Type A & B3 are really the best tires available for TCS racing(the Type A's are the softer of the two), but the B3 is meant more for high temperatures than the A's are(the box that B3's come in explain the temp range for both B3's & A's), but certain times, like on a slick surface, you'll wanna use Type A's anyway. That's what I had to do at the Omaha TCS, I would've liked to run B3's on both of my cars(I ran GT3 with silver can motors & my 416WE in GT1 with a 13.5 brushless), & while I could get by with B3's in the GT3 car, I just couldn't put the power down with them on my 416, so I had to use the A's on it all weekend(& had to make a setup compromise or two to get the car controllable, like going to 3.5 degrees of rear toe in, definitely added some drag, but it was neccessary). On my home track though(where we have a bit more of a groove in the carpet), B3's work just fine, & outside on asphalt(especially now that the heat will make for track temps near or above 100 degrees), B3's are just about the only tire that will hold up for 5 minutes. So it really depends on what your situation is as to which tire is best.....