R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 AM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

at our club it seams that the transition is happening pretty quick. in the last 2 months we went from all 4 cell cars to this past weekend we had 15 pan cars and only me running a 4 cell in stock. and that is because I could not find another pack anywhere before the weekend.

I think the tracks with low turnout will transition faster because well, there are less people with round cells. and it brings people back out to race to see what the hype is all about. for the seasoned tracks with lots of pan car drivers, the transition maybe a little slow. our club has descided that we will run motor for motor and eventually all the racers will be on the same power plant. so I think this past weekend will be our last test of round cells to lipo. at one point we thought about running separate classes. But in reallity the guys that go to the big races were the only ones that were holding on to the round cells. now that ROAR and IIC have gone lipo, that transition happened the night scotty posted the IIC rules. Or at least that is what it seams like.

one thing I did notice was the line for the round cell and the line for the lipo cars were completely different. so even if you find a partity with lap times, how a racer attacks a corner will be different and may make for more disparity then parity on the track.