R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setup Tools?
Thread: Setup Tools?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 AM
last
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underthethumbma
Hello from the uk... I need some help i have put my losi 8 on my hudy setup station put my 30mm droop blocks under the chassie and set the car up with 3 degrees of negitive camber on the rear and 1 degree of negitive camber on the front when i take it off the setup station and put the wheels on it just dose not look right i then put my camber on the wheel and only have 1 degree rear and about 0.5 on the front i have no slop as i changed all tie rods and new lower arms can anyone tell me where i have or am going wrong
I get the same results I think it has to do with where you are measuring camber. On the outside of the tire with a camber gauge or on the inside at the hub with the station. Plus factoring droop (now that the blocks are gone), a little wiggle room in the wheel bearings and the differences in tire manufacture you can be off a degree or more so I stick with one method for consistency. Either/or not both.

Originally Posted by Allumina
I actually bought an Integy setup station... but it didnt have instructions, so I have NO clue how to make it work...like I get it all together and I put the gauge deal [the plastic plate with etched markings on it] on top...but nothing really lines up correctly, I dont know if you have toi slide it all the way to one side and check that corner, then slide it down to the opposite corner, idk

If anyone has any tips for using a setup station please post up! lol
This (pdf) will answer all......
http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...2bef0706315e0c