R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR OFF ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - LEISURE HOURS, JOLIET ILLINOIS
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 PM
johnny t
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good to see interest in this concept of having to qualify for Nationals. Although I don't think anyone is implying this should be incorporated this year. This is clearly a discussion for a future years event.

Although I don't get peoples reasoning that the need to be able to get to nats in order to run with the "big boys". you have countless events to choose from that attract even more talent than Nats throughout the year. Nitro challenge, manufactures cup, CRCRC winterchamps, etc... the list is long. Nationals throughout our sports history has always been the preeminent event in this country and is second to only the IFMAR worlds for depth of talent. It is already an elite event but it is only one. So making room for the fast guys to have their "one" event a year and sportsman have access to every other event in the country the whole other time seems only fair.

whatever path ROAR takes in regard to this I only hope they approach it with something simple and with the ability to modify in accordance with the organizations' needs and the demands of the racers. hence why I recommended a very simple and loose point(s) system that would be easier to implement, with just enough meaning to get the infrastructure of tracks and events in place. so when more stringent qualifying standards are enacted, you have a good idea of what is needed and what the "system" (of tracks and events) can accomodate.

Because yes, not every area of the country has regional events, sanctioned by ROAR. And it will take time to get these tracks/events to consider ROAR sanction. But having the Carrot that is Nationals to entice everyone to join can only help the future of ROAR, Which opens up another whole bag of bolts. cause right now for most of us it is a one race membership, and I can't see that as sound foundation of growth or sustainability.