R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Were thay also running 17.5 with the lipo? If so thats not even a fair comparison, if thay switch to 13.5 it will be very close but the nimh will still have a slight advange in the infield

As to the question that was posted by SlideMasterR; if your allready running a 4.5 it will be hard to "motor" up. I have'nt tried any mod motors myself but baised on my experience with spec motors, imo you will be getting lapped by the the field if your the only 1s lipo.
you are highly mis-informed about 1s and 4 cell. kn7671 posted our race results. it may be in the vegas thread. but I ran 4 cell 17.5 and 1s 13.5. in my 4cell 17.5 car my best lap was a 15.0. i have run this car for 1+ years now and currently hold the track record for stock 1/12, the previous track record for stock 1/12 and the track record for 1/12 stock on the track before that. so I guess I am pretty consistent on our track. this was the first weekend on this track and the first weekend with my rev5lipo.

with my lipo 13.5 car, I managed a 14.7 fast lap. this is with the car running a box setup basically. so I still need to work setup. so if you think .3 seconds is close enough. lets just put that in perspective. at the end of an 8min race that is 9.6 seconds. that would basically put me another lap up. that would have put me less then a lap behind dumas. I guarantee that I am not that fast.

now in comparison. AWD managed a 15.2 with his 1s 17.5 car. that is just .2 slower then my fast lap with 4cell. he and I are real close as far as speed. and he has been practicing a little more on this track. this weekend was the first time I have been out on this track. so I am pretty comfortable saying that he has a fairly good setup for his 1s 17.5 car.

really running motor for motor is the only way to go. I have heard from some of the top tracks that 17.5 1s is only about .1 -.2 slower then a 4 cell. really the 1s looses on the straights, but man does it move well in the infield.

on a side note, dumas put a 14.0 down with his 13.5 1s rev5lipo