R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by silverfrancis
Man i have been hung up on all this one cell lipo bussiness that i never saw any potential in the A123 until now. So these A123 are lipos but fit where a nimh should go. Has anyone tried then in the 12r5? Also do you use the same radio gear and servo, yeah racing brushless motor ect. as you would with nimh. Lastly does anyone have a website where i visit and buy these cells.

Thanks in advance,

I dont have a pic of them in my 12r5 but yes thay will fit, as for the gear I dont know of anyone ever thats run the esc and motor your asking about but I dont see any issues. Here is a link to where I got mine
http://rcbuy.vstore.ca/product_info..../cName/lifepo4

Originally Posted by timmay70
We always sauce the fronts starting from the insides of the tire, and only go out as far as needed. If you start saucing the fronts from the outside edge, it will catch the edge of the front tire and try to dig in. This will make the car edgy and evil. Not saying that you can't get this to work. I know people (decent drivers) that always sauce the whole tire.

If I have to sauce less than 1/4 or more than 3/4 of the front tire, I generally look for a different tire (less than 1/4 harder, more than 3/4 softer).

As far as car set-up, there are plenty of t-bar addicts on this thread (excluding me), post here a full listing of your set-up (ride height; front middle and rear, front spring size, shock oil/spring and side damping, brand and compound of tires, battery position, etc).. I am sure that you will get some help. The people that can help that are on the s120 thread should also be reading this one.

good luck
Good catch your correct I ment to type inside not outside