R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
a_main_attendee
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
There is no part number difference. There was a running change in the trays that fixed some fitment issues in the car and some batteries. It was mainly just changing the size of the pocket in the tray to just a tick bigger and double checking tolerances on it fitting the car.
Thanks, i'll look into it.

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I don't know why you guys use a metal tray unless you have very light lipos. Almost all the weight on my chassis is over the front to get it nicely balanced.

On that note...

Who would be interesed in a chassis conversion kit to better balance this chassis f/r? It is an idea being looked at to eliminate the spread of weight from one end of the chassis to the other and focus it in the middle. In theroy you will have more rotation speed (faster steering) with the same setup and electronics positioned better (not right up front with long wires running to the motor). Anyway its a work in progress at the moment.
About the weight thing, i think most guys who run tp lipos are still underweight, and a metal plate adds around 100-150 grams (depending on which one you have) in order to make ROAR min. weight for rubber tire (1500 i think?)

About the conversion kit, sounds promising, but it kind of reminds me of the hpi pro 3 as far as layout ballast goes. Moving the motor a touch more forward would be an interesting change. I guess only experimenting and time will tell! Would it have the same effect as say... moving the arms backward, but to a greater extent?