R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Yep it's the LTC-R. It seems pretty good, I haven't tried it back to back with the mazdaspeed yet to check the times but it feels more aggressive, maybe at the expense of a little high speed stability. A lot of people are using them down here because there aren't many large tracks. What I really like about it is that you can get it to meet the min roof height & max wing height while still having a decent sized wing
That's about what my experience was with the LTC-R. I tried it at the Novak Race(in Milwaukee, WI back in Janurary, Scotty Ernst's home track), & I never really could get comfortable with it. It wasn't bad, but it just felt like an all-or-nothing kind of body, it either feels great or feels terrible to me. I think it's aggressive enough that if your setup's not sopt on, then it'll magnify the problem, while it seems to me that the Speed6 is a bit more forgiving(& based on that I went back to the Speed6 after I got home from the Novak Race). I'm sure there are plenty of drivers that'll love it, but I don't think it's the body for everyone.....
On another note, I've just been wowed by how well my car's been working, just trying some of the things that I've learned from this thread(& of course Ed's site). I can't remember having a car this stable & consistent, as well as responsive to adjustments. In truth, I think the car's better than me.....