R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - back from my first day of racing!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
MrUnlimited
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux
well i didn't race actually. But it was my first day on the track with my mugen 6. Like everybody said, there would be people there to help me. And i'll be damned if a guy that worked for O.S. was there. He saw me trying to tune my engine down, he came over and we talked a little and he reaches for his screw driver and go's for the mid range needle!!! I go to grab his hand and tell him NO! But the other guy that was with him (must have been sponsored by team xray). Told me no it's ok, he works for o.s. so he did a eigth of a turn on the midrange and one more WHOLE turn on the main needle and it was running like a mad ANIMAL!!!! Had alot of fun. The other guy i was just talking about had both xray 808's last years and this years. Both with the new novarossi engines and a TON of brand new parts.now In my mugen 6 i have a xray air filter/with neck and everything (it's much better then mugens i might add) Everytime i had a problem or couldn't find the right screw in my box he had one there waiting for me. He gave me free gaskets for my manifold and pipe and springs. Really good people. fixed my brakes and showed me how to brake and throtle into jumps. Lot of fun. The mugen six is almost identical to the xray but i like the xray radio box alot better. And let me tell you that mugen 6 is one tough SOB. I landed on my front and back end ALOT (before i got the hang of it) and did not miss a beat. And thease were high ass jumps. I even flew over a fence!!! The only thing is keeping up with all the screws that come lose. Wing kept comming off, and the engine mount screws kept comming out even with lock washers. At one point my clutch bell became completly out of mesh with the spur. And my motor was racing under no load. But i just fliped it over and jamed my foot into the flywheel. Did some damage to my clutch bell though. it's still good but will need a new one soon thinking 14 tooth. thats all!!!
Great to hear you have fun on he track. Learn from the guys and keep up the spirit!