R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin' X2 Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
NsideLine
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigmatt
I never wanted anyone not to buy the jammin x2 by saying it was not as good as the x1x. the x2 is a lot better then the x1. as a beginning racer the x1x platform is not a bad car what so ever. The x1 is why I built the x2, these cars handling for me is far superior then any thing else I have driven. the x1x plat form is so good that I do believe it has been out since the ofna hyper 8? and now they are on the hyper 9. so there must be some thing every body liked about the x1x platform for it to be around for so long. I don't want to start a pissing match here, but if you are a beginner, just starting to race to see what it's all about the x1x is not a bad start imo.
Yeps... The only one thing I would say needs to be done to the X2 that would make it any better, and I know its' something they have already considered, but don't have any major plans to revise it yet... Is the front end... The current c-hub design is outdated now, and limits how the car handles/steers through corners. It needs an overhaul, like Steve O'Donnell just completed with their car. And maybe they can continue the series one more time by releasing it as the x2x or something. Everything else on the car is ok, if not made of the highest quality and and is very durable. I'm going to try and mod some kind of upper link option with just the one single tie-rod design, but the whole front end needs to be updated to get the car to carry more corner speed and take advantage of the weight-forward chassis design. I hope the revisions and/or a whole new car is not too far off. But in the meantime, this is one of the most durable, most stable, and consistent cars out there, and with new adaptation/revisions, also come a new set of problems that need to be overcome as well, so... If the money is spent, it will happen. If not, at least the car is still very good the way it is... for now.