R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Does anyone make a steel front axle? I briefly remember someone mentioning it one time, but can't get the search tool to cough it up. I worry about the durability of the aluminum. I actually had a thread buggered up a little, and when threading on the lock nut it broke the threaded portion off off the axle. Is my example a freak thing? or are these things temperamental? The car hasn't been on the track yet.

Ben
Ben,

I have not had any issue with the stock X 10 front axles myself (knock on wood); but, Team Tamale (www.teamtamale.com) offers an "improved" version of them. Having met Larry Bradshaw at the IIC, I bought them as replacements.

Larry's description from his website...

"CRC GenX Front Axle @ $9.50 per pair

These axles are made from the same high grade 7075 aircraft grade aluminum as all of my touring car parts. These have shown to be stronger and less prone to breaking than the stock parts. These have a 4-40 set screw instead of the aluminum threads to retain the wheel."

And I have nothing but respect for Larry's fine products. Using his other specialty parts on my RDX.

Bill