R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
tjompa
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
That is some serious speed...well done. But let me ask again...it is powered by (2) 3S 5000 lipo..? so, it is powered by 22.2V? Do you have any problem with the Mamba Speedo...? I did not know MMM can handle more then 4S...

You should try this at the 1/8th on road track and compare with the nitro 1/8th cars...that is probably the 1st thing I would do once I have mine finish...without running against the nitro car, I would never know how much VOLTAGE I would need in order to keep up with the Nova Rossi...

I am pretty convinced that 6S will take care of the speed very easily (from your video) however, not so convinced about the handling (due to weight).

What is the run time of your 6S?
Hi there!
It is pwered by 2 desirepower 3s lipo on 3700mah so 22.2volt is correct.
The mambamonstermax can handle 6s lipo and "maybe" more...no thermal problem what so ever.
Next weekend i will go to the biggest onroad track here i Sweden to try it out, it was build for tracks and not roads, so a little movie will arrive shortly.
I have drove her at 124km/h easily and for you dudes over there it is approx 80mph, and this is a tracksetup.
The weight is under 3kilograms.
Runtime has not been checked yet but on 3700mah approx 8-10minutes.
I also have two new 2s lipo from lrp on 5300mah to try if i think the car is overpowered.
Cheers!
//Tomas