R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Servo failures
Thread: Servo failures
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
boatsnhoes
Tech Initiate

Wow!

I am familiar with the linkage issue, and am pretty sure I have that right. I spent about 1 hour jacking around with it after the first servo took a crap, but will definitely go over everything again when I get the new one. In the radio tray addendum, unless there is a different one I hadnt read, it only talks about screw length in regard to the battery box, and replacing it with a shorter screw and orings to prevent the screw from jabbing the battery when driving.

Anyway, I can imagine if the servo is trying to pull still and either your brakes or throttle and they wont allow anymore movement, that can wear on it, so it seems the problem is fairly obvious. Thanks!!

I just thought of something else. I was having a hell of a time turning, and my DX20 is set up for my Losi and my Mutilator.....I wonder if I was driving it on the Muti settings?? GAAAKKKKKKK, I just went and turned it on, and havent driven the Mutilator since the servo failure, but it says ofn when i turn it on. I bet that is what killed it, SON OF A BIZNITCH!