R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Buggy I want to buy to start racing with.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 AM
CarCrazy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wheelman25
I really want to start racing 1/8 scale buggys. I have been looking at the Hyper 7 tq black rtr.

I looking for advice from anyone that races with this car, or has in the past (recently in the past). I know the car is heavy. So im looking for advice to reduce weight on this car. Or any other advice that someone has to do to this buggy to make it competitive.

Also if any one has a losi Eight that is in very good condition and want to get rid of it send me a private email with some pics because if I can get a deal on one these cars i may decide to go that route.

Its just that I know the hyper 7 is dated, but I dont want to spend alot of money starting out. I have plenty of radio equipment that I can put in a buggy if it is not a rtr. I just want to stay cheap for a little while until I feel that I have practice enough to be competitive. Then if I find that I'm a good enough driver to be competitive and the hyper is the reason that Im not competitive, then I will get a better kit. I always buy kits because i like to build my own cars. (I have played around with this hobby for a about 8 years i know my way around cars for tuning. I have about 8 different Touring cars) Its just the hyper is cheap and I dont see a reason not to get it to start out on. I would just like advice on mods to do to it to make it lighter and more competitive.

But anyone reading this thread if you have a car that you are interested in selling, Let me know. But I would like to buy a roller with possible the engine still in it.

Thanks again fellas!
Look on ebay for a used Xray 808 or a used Losi 2.0 if your going to be racing. Those are the top race chassis in my opinion. You could probably pick one up for about $250-$300 with spare parts. Cheap = ebay.