R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Take apart, clean, put back together.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:28 AM
offr0aden
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eighty2
I still dunno what the deal is. The throttle is pretty much all the way closed, and it still wants to take off. I dunno what to do.

It is a Losi XXXNT with the stock engine and tranny. The only non-stock things are the a-arms, chassis, and the Traxxas EZ Start.
Well pretty much is not good enough, you need to make sure the carb barrel is closing all the way.

Question, is you throttle servo also the break servo? If so, then check this, with the engine not running, turn on your car, and apply the brakes, if the carb linkage moves, or closes the carb barrel. Then you need to adjust your linkage, or your throttle trim on your radio.

If you have checked the above, and the carb is closed? (And you don't have an air leak (that's another topic)) then you need turn your idle stop screw counter clockwise one to two ticks. (Ticks for example looking at a clock you would turn the screw from 12 o'clock to 11 o'clock - that's one tick)

Then check the linkage again, with the car off, to ensure the carb is closing at idle or the rest position. If so then fire up the engine and see if it idles down.

It will take some time, and the more you work with it the more you'll understand how your engine works.

Myself personally, I run my throttle linkage with a little closed preload to ensure the carb is closed at idle. When I have my engine tuned then I adjust my linkage to close the carb with barely any linkage preload.

Hope that make sense. most important, take your time, and it will come to you....