R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Shawn68z
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghiro
Hi folks!
New owner here! Great kit came together in a coupple of night's and it's almost ready to hit the track.Prior to do that i would like to ask a coupple of questions.
1) I'll use my car in huge outdoors tracks,the first motor i choose for learning is a 7,5L Novak velociti,i'm plannning in future to step to something around 4.5R as soon as i'm feeling good enough to handle the car.
Now the problem here is that i'm looking for an esc that could be used around air temp's next to 55/65C° with very high gearing/ long rollout.
Pan cars are not so hard with motors,but some people around here did blow many esc's cause of fans/Bec failures with LRP's and thermal shutdowns with GTB's,i don't care about system's like SpeedPassionGT's since i've one on a sedan and don't feel the smooth response i can get with a sensor lead attached.
I don't think a sensorless system is the right choice,not for this car.
I know some folks using this cars in hot places like NM,AZ and Texas having similar temp's,what esc's (and tires) you guys suggest in hot days? My needs are using two fans and hopefully have an heatsink.

2) I'm used to T.bar,when needed i'm messing around the tbar screws to set the car straight,i'havent found anything on the instruction manual. How do i tweek the car?

Any suggestion is apreciated
Thanks!

You adjust the tweak of the car by adjusting the hieght of the side springs.

Since this is the first time taking the car out, I would start with something alittle slower (13.5BL or 19T Brushed) , unless you are very experienced with a pan car. I run a 10.5 with a 2S Lipo, and the car is blinding fast. Takes some getting used to, and a good setup to handle the power.

Shawn.