R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Failsafe faux pas... or, Oops...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
USP45
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Oh, I was there along with Thomas. It WAS rather spectacular, pretty unbelievable how that thing took tumble after tumble, climbed a wall and flew through the air several times always landing on its wheels. The noise it made hitting the wood board on the left rear corner/wall was increadible. Hell the noise that a V-Spec with no pipe on it running at full throttle upside down once it did stay on its back was just crazy.........right up until the point at which the noise abruptly stopped.

I helped Mark pull the engine apart and there is copper fuzed unto the bottom of the crankpin and the top is black/blue/purple it got so hot. It was the big end that let loose, the bearing was in one piece and just stretched out like Christy Canyon's.....nevermind. The case is good, the bearings felt all right (even though I would probably replace them do to metal particles getting it the rear at least) and the carb of corse good.

It sucks that this happened, but it is a lessoned learned. I know that i checked my failsafe right after it happened.