R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - odonnell buggy question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
boostfiend
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsmoker
hey guys i was just wondering how stable is the odonnell buggy and how it would compare to a d8 thanks for the info.
The O'Donnell Z01B is a very stable platform. It is also bulletproof! You have to want to break the buggy to cause it harm. In it's original (1st gen) setup, it's quite easy to drive, steers well, brakes well, jumps pretty good and has amazing acceleration.

The new setup (2nd gen) is more aggressive, steers very well, brakes just as well, jumps better and still has amazing acceleration. It's also a bit lighter now with the new parts.

There is a thread here in RCTech about the Z01B. I invite you to go thru and read up on this great car. Perhaps the most under-rated car out there today.

I haven't driven the D8, but have heard of some issues with parts breaking.

To me, the O'Donnell looks like a true race buggy whereas the D8 looks more like a plastic fantastic toy. The D8 just doesn't look right to me. Had Hara not won the worlds with his HIGHLY modified D8, I don't think we'd be hearing much about it today.

It's also a good time to buy the Z01B. You get both versions of the car. The 1st gen setup and the 2nd gen setup for the price of 1 Z01B. Be sure you get the "2-n-1" kit.