R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I forgot to mention. The ultimate goal is for the servo to "pull the carb as straight as possible." So some carbs needed to be rotated enough to interfere with the center diff top plate. Usually sanding 2-3mm off the diff top plate is no big deal. It's easy. But remember to try to get the servo to pull the carb straight out and then straight back in.

Also set the EPA on the throttle side so when the servo is at full throttle, you still have about 2mm of carb travel left when pulling on the linkage. If you leave this 2mm of travel in the carb the carb will be just past wide open anyways. If this is hard to understand pull the airfilter boot off the carb. Look into the carb so you can see the barrel move back and forth. Pull the radio trigger to full throttle and notice exactly where the carb barrel is when the carb port is fully open. There is usually another couple of mm travel left after wide open. I hope this makes sense.

Maybe I should take some pics or something. It's been several months since this discussion has been brought up. I'd take some pics now but my cars and engines are packed up.

X2 well said Air.

I currently got no Cam...so no pics comin from here.