R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic B8RS Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
dandrat
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just thought i would chime in on my experiance cause i recently got this buggy. out of the box it is a very attractive buggy, but i would not say it is xray quality , sorry. it has some wierd quarks like the turn buckles turning on there own from driving. the stock shock springs are to stiff causing the buggy to bounce around the track.that can be fixed though. the nuts that secure the shocks on the shock tower are not lock nuts and fell off even when loctite was used. that wouldn't be a problem but the nuts / bolts in this area are a wierd size (6mm). i dont know where to find the correct replacement stuff so i just had to rig it. ive only driven it once so far. the cvd pin that is pressed in on the diff side came out and cant be replaced with the xray pins . i tryed to put it back in but i predict it falling out and getting lost this weekend.
now thats the negitive. the good side is it is a performer on the track. it turns great, gets up and moves and even though the shock springs are stiff the car doesnt seem out of sorts . the car and i seem to agree with one another even though it could feel better with set up work.i beat the hell out of my rc's and i was not easy on this one. i put it through its paces and aside from what was mentioned above there was no breakage which is surprising considering it doesnt look that durable . there are signs of general ware beyond what my xray would have. fyi fellas