R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Shootout
Thread: Truggy Shootout
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
RUF-VK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Since we are in the thread of wishes, I wish people would learn to use the SEARCH feature.

As for the truggies, there are a lot of good trucks out there. Heres my 2 cents on them.

I drive losi, and absolutely love the 2.0T. It is dialed out of the box. It is very stable, has tons of steering, soaks up everything, and is fast. The truck also has it's own look, which I love. Losi also has incredible parts support and is priced fairly.

The new HB truggy looks dialed, though I have yet to actually see one in person. The design looks top notch, I would just worry about quality and parts support.

The MBX6T will be a great truggy. Mugen's have always been a tough/quality car. The MBX5T is still the favorite of many, and the 6 will only improve on that.

The AE is a decent truck, but I have seen too many durability/quality issues out of the AE 1/8 department. The problem with them is that they are made by thunder kitty. The design of the car is solid, but the manufacturing element is not there. Just look at how many versions of the rc8 gas tank there are, and they are all junk.

Jammin makes quality stuff. If they have truly solved the soft drivetrain metal problem with the x2 it should be a dialed truck. Not sure if they made enough of a change from the x1 in design or not, but it seems to be working out just fine.

Kyosho makes great stuff, but they are overpriced. The STRR is a deadly truck, but has some durability issues. Parts are expensive and hard to find.

The tamiya truck looks great. Loks like a quality truck. Only issue with them is parts support.

Odonnell, well they are OK, but again I would worry about parts support. They are also kind of an old design.

Hyper, the ST is a tank. It is way too heavy and not competitive.

Xray, Great truck. Wish they would have made an 808 based truggy though. The XT8 is an outdated design. They have top notch quality, but are expensive and don't have the best parts support in the USA.

Well I think that covers all of the trucks listed so far. That again is just my 2 cents on all of them. Most of those trucks can be very compatitive. It all comes down to personal preference.
They are my exact thoughts... Tamiya along with all the other tucks you listed have low part support here in Aus. I have came down to the Mugen, XRAY, X2 CRT, Losi 8T 2.0