R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
Hi guys, just bought the Evo 2 WC Edition and thanks to all your tips it looks bullet proof. All i need is some ideas for diff setup from where to start. Basically i will be running on a tight track, bumby, low traction. Cars tend to understeer a lot in this track.

I thought of going for a front and a rear diff setup.

Weight i thought to use 70K front - 30K rear as i think 50K in the rear is to much for this track.
If the front diff doesnt help here are some more tips. As the guys said, 30k is too thick for low traction, we run 40k in high traction, so 10-20 would be about right

For bumpy tracks you'll want to run a bit of rebound in your shocks, about 50% with 350-400wt oil. If you are running kit RC's try running a-up in the front and run narrower tracks front and rear to help the car roll over. Then you need to consider where in the corner your car is understeering and consider changing caster/ackerman from there

I run the kit setup with a spool on a tight/slippery track and I've got heaps of steering, actually it can be a bit loose but that's the fast way