R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sandbagging
Thread: Sandbagging
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
everyjuangohome
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
I am a partially sponsored racer, and my lap times are nowhere near intermediate pace. My fastest lap yesterday was a 38.0003. When it comes to sponsorship i believe it is more than driving skill. The reason I am sponsored is due to the fact that I am a dedicated racer that consistently shows up at the track and is more than willing to help anyone over my own stuff. I think that is a huge part of being sponsored more so than driving ability, companies have their A list drivers for that. So to say that intermediate class should be for sponsored guys is a little ridiculous. I do not mean to insult you so please do not take this as one.
Hey no sweat. Im not saying what I think the rules should be for Intermediate. I was just suprised at the lap times. I have only been driving RC cars for 6mo and this was my first race, so I am happy with my results (even though I drove like chit haha) Obviously as time goes on I will improve. Im just a competative guy and when I am too fast for the sportsman class I will move on, that's just me though.