R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 07:40 AM
MAD916
Tech Elite

Hey guys a little weekend update. yeah as Troy said I think we have actually sold 29 kit's... and the 17.5 lipo class on carpet is great. we know there is a big drop off due to spring coming, and carpet season winding down we are still getting a good turnout.

BUT WE HIT THE ASHPALT this weekend for the first time. te reports coming back from up north in Tacoma they have started their outdoor season on their sealed parking lot and have not had very good traction. From what I have heard the ROAR legal 13.4 4 cell is a handful when trying to get on throttle.

We on the other hand seem to have great natural traction, and have kept the Outlaw GT 17.5 lipo, lilac tire 200mm class. They are incredible, just fast enough to run the whole track, Darren got into the low 19's yesterday adding about 4 teeth from his indoor setup, 30,000 damper fluid white pod spring red fronts, and fairly big tires..... just great easy to drive, and 110 degrees after like 8 to 10 runs.

MOD GT: we have the 235mm cars running 5.5 or 4.5's and either DB pink or lilac fronts with Pink rears, I kept the same carpet setup with 50,000 damper fluid green rear pod springs, red fronts, 30 weight shock oil stock spring. We are talking insane performance with Andy yesterday getting to a 16.0 lap. Still trying to get a handle on gearing Andy lost a speedo or two yesterday, (may have had a bad motor to start with), and then finally on his 16.0 sec runs melted a motor down , but it was pure gearing issue. These things are insane, should get 8 to 10 min run time. and flat out get around the track. The current track record is 15.2 in a 8th scale. 15's are coming easy soon, the track was green, the day was cool.

more info as we get outdoors more, Bill yeah I am Cali boy born and raised, but dam the NW is awsome in spring and summer.

PS: if you think this is cool check-in on our progress on the 8th scale elec conversion of our Mugen MRX3. whoa now this has got potential. already into the 15.'s and 10 plus min run time. just need to get speedo/motor temp and gearing issues under control.