R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with ZV-spec. Lost compression.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Chatzstuff
Tech Rookie

Default Help with ZV-spec. Lost compression.

I am just getting back into RC Racing. I bought a new V-spec, put it in my buggy and broke in it very carefully. The first time that I ran it in a race, it flamed out after about three minutes. I checked the temp and it actually was running pretty cool, around 200. I rolled the piston back to the bottom as always and when I got back to the pits, the motor had very little compression. I let it cool down, and still very little.

I chalked it up as perhaps something I may have done wrong... although I don't know what, maybe dust, or bad tuning, I don't know. I shelled out another $100 for a new piston and sleeve, broke the motor down and made sure everything looked good and put it back together. Still very little compression. Now I'm stumped. Is there something other than the piston and sleeve that contribute to compression?

What would you do next? Should I send it to OS, there is no warranty on a V-spec.... Would I be better off sending to one of the Mod'ers that I see on this site?

I;m stumped and looking for some direction.

P.S. I bought a Nova N21BF Limited as a backup, broke it in the same way, tuned it the same, and it runs like a champ.