R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 01:28 PM
EddiRossi
Tech Initiate

Ok when I drove the car with the 2r block in the front it gave the car more steering and it just felt better on corner exit. Now what this mod does is two things one is it narrows the front track a bunch and changes the drive shaft angle. Your wheel base is also slightly changed as well. I was told once by a very well respected person in RC that the drive shaft angle controls on power traction at that end of the car. Example....if the front CVDs are angled towards the back of the car they will have less on power traction and if they are angled towards the front they will have more on power or forward traction. I dont know I cant speak for why Losi did that but I would think it had something to do with making the car easy to drive for everybody or something like that.
Kevin K thanks, I agree with you regarding the way drive shafts angle affects car handling. But don' t you think (with the adoption of 2R in front) is the change of the angle of the arm pin (view from top) the main reason for better steering when exiting the corner? The way I did the job didn' t change front track and only a little bit in wheelbase. I think when the car rolls the angle of the pin causes abrupt changes somewhere, toe in/out, caster, etc.
If pins are parallel car seems more neutral. Other cars have no angle...
Thanks again,
EddiRossi.