R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 AM
rcracer1958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Okay.so it looks like this sunday is definitely a go for racing. Looked at the track last night and it looks like it can handle some rain and still be usable sunday, hopefully, the rain predicted for saturday night is light and doesn't delay until sunday.
As far as the racing sunday, the shop will open at 9:00 am, i suggest a call to the shop to find out conditions...(845)229-1379
racing should begin by 11:00 am
so far, the only definite class is spec slash...but I'm bringing all my cars- 4wd buggy, 2wd buggy, 2wd stadium truck, and my slash. if one other of any of these cars shows up, we'll set up a heat.
not trying to dissapoint anyone, but this track is ELECTRIC ONLY- NO NITRO.
we have a "sensitive" neighbor with the town police on speed dial...if he hears anything before 3:00 in the afternoon he'll complain..so to avoid problems with the town, we don't run nitro, sorry.
as far as working on the track saturday, there's no definite plans, and the person who said they were going to be there on saturday didn't show up for racing last night and is not returning phone calls right now, so it seems like we'll have to do what we can between 9:00 and 11:00 on sunday morning and make the best of it for now. the track isn't in that bad shape, so we should be fine.
as of last night, there are 6 or 7 definite racers for the slash class. hopefully a few more show as there are over 25 slashs sold out of the store this past winter.
See you sunday,
Bill