R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
You're about there on the differences between the cars, but i'd be very surprised if there is an upgrade kit. Like Adrian says, it's all the expensive parts that are new. Upgrade kit would be expensive me thinks.
Adrian/Matt,

true, the conversion kit would be expensive, probably around $200. But from a business side of things, it should be worth it, since more money is made from parts in general. Also, there's many out there now that would rather upgrade for $200, than have to deal with the hassle of having to sell their mi3, and spend nearly $480 on the new mi4. If they can sell their old car then at least they get 50-75% of the funds to cover for the new one, that's great,...but many would rather just upgrade their current car, especially those who got MI3.5 recently and now find out there's a new car coming.

I think from a business viewpoint, it would be a good option to offer, at least. Even Xray is offering an upgrade kit for the t2 series to get up to T2'009 level. A bit expensive, yes...but some prefer to just upgrade instead having to have to sell their cars, and then wait for backordered kits to show up, etc...

I guess we'll have to see...

The new Mi4 chassis, rear CF shock tower, and camber braces, could total $100, and the bulkheads, steering link, clamp, etc, another $100, and they'd be making a profit, I'd say So somewhere around $200 should be close...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 04-13-2009 at 08:09 AM.