R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
If liked the 415 MSXX-MRE than you'll love the 416WE I raced both cars for about 3 months and have to say the 416 is easier to drive. I run the Orion 5000s with no mods either. Not saying the 415 is a bad car but if you want to upgrade than go with the 416.
I have to agree, I've had my 416 for just over a year, but I just (this weekend) got ahold of the stuff I needed to convert it to WE spec(the short suspension arms, new top deck, new belts, new shocks, all but the lower deck & spool, & I don't really feel I need those right now on the carpet tracks I'm racing on), & just adding to new top deck, shocks & belts made a real difference for me, car DEFINITELY picked up more rear grip & seemed to have more overall grip(actually made it push at first, but going to a softer front & firmer rear spring balanced it out nicely), & its path control & transitional handling feel VERY good(even better than before, & it was certainly no slouch in that department before the upgrades). I'd STRONGLY reccommend getting one, you will NOT be disappointed....