R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 06:53 PM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by CustomfibreR/C
Any how My real point was that aftermarket one-ways and gear plates may fix the problem but with a little experimenting and a bag of shimms it seems the problem CAN be conquered cheaply while keeping the car original.
Custom, I'm actually working on a fix, but I'm not annoyed.

You are, however, wrong about the shims fixing the oneway. We have seen many people come and go that say their cars don't have the problem. The shims will help lessen the problem and even fix it in rare cases. We aren't sure why it doesn't fix all cars, but you can bet your left nut if there was a way to fix it with shims I would have gotten it fixed.

I am happy that your car is one fo the "special ones" that doesn't have the problem.

Funny thing is, I met a guy who told me his car was fine and didn't have the problem either. I told him to loosen the pinion so I could check it and his reply was "why loosen the pinion?". I checked it- it was bad- pulled the cover to confirm. All you guys keep that in mind when you hear about all these cars that don't have any stripping problems.