R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ishima buggy ready
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
BlueisBetter
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lazyboy12300
I have seen somewhere that someone put Jammin Super Big Bores on the ishima, but cannot find it again to confirm whether it was a direct fit.
I personally have found the shocks to be OK. I have the M1.0S and refilled them (threadlocking the screws as they came loose to start with) and they work well here in the UK.

Just thought I would let you know that I am having trouble with the front bumper. Every time I go out with the buggy I seem to snap the bumper off. I'm not saying that this is a fault of the buggy, as it is cold here atm and I am hardly a decent driver - but this has never happened with my X2. Not a major problem, and am going to boil the next one (3rd in as many runs) even though it is summer to see if it makes a difference.

The only other this I have found wrong with the buggy as a whole is the rear drivershaft. It seems to be a little too short and keeps popping out for me. I have temporarily put some large O-rings in driveshaft carrier to make it not fall out, but am currently looking for the UVJs if anyone has any suggestions?

The only other parts I have broken so far is the standard servos (both went at once, so probably a power surge?); and then I broke a steering turnbuckle, but this was by letting a friend having a go, and them running full throttle into a curb. But other than that it is a very strong buggy!
Highly recommended!

Thanks
Scott
scotty use the mugen mbx5 one as its a direct fit on the casters a bunch of us will be at neo this weekend if you need a chat about it