R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D8 vs RC8 vs X2
Thread: D8 vs RC8 vs X2
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
NsideLine
Tech Adept

Too bad you already made up your mind. But it's nice to see what people recoommended going into the first half of March. I believe you'd see a slight change starting out april, with all of the people who haven't been able to race for 3 weeks because they don't have cvd rebuild kits or diff housings for their D8's...

I know it's late, but I have to put in my two cents and say, you prob. did the right thing by not buying a RC8. I've heard nothing but problems from the car, and considering they're coming out with a newone in the next couple months... no way. The D8 is a great car, but you may be one of those people who will be looking for something different in a month or so. I've been ruunning for them for over 6 months now with it and I can honestly say I've got a ton of experience with it, and loved it. HPI/HB is a great company, and the only downside might be parts support, because when the company doesn't have them, nobody eventually has them... And a lot of people just gave up on the car because they couldnt get the stuff they needed just to be able to race. As far as my new sponsor goes, and the Jammin' X2 is concerned... You might have missed the boat a bit here, considering you sound like a novice/amateur driver, and you prob. don't want to spend a ton on fixing/upgrading parts, and I can tell you, that in race trim my D8 costs more than just about every other car on the market... You may not have to do everything at once, but the fun is in finding out what works and getting the car to where its' bulletproof and you can trust it to finish a race. When there just aren't any aftermarket or stock parts to replace the ones you're breaking or have broken, you figure out a way to sell the car and buy an X2. They already have everything you could possibly want as far as upgrades, and are the most durable car out there, while still maintaining a light, nimble chassis... And Jay cares about his team and the people who buy the car. Team OFNA/HoBao have their heads screwed on straight and are focused in the right direction. I think you might have been better off with the X2, but we'll have to wait until you dump the D8 and get one to find out...

Originally Posted by casevac
I truly identify with you, so much!
In regards of the candidates, I've only tried the Jammin, very nice. But what's with the dogbones? Ore are they gone on the X2?
The center dogbones??? - They are aluminum to reduce driveline weight. You can't get away with alum. universals very easily without way premature wear... And from everything I've seen, there is no downside to the driveline compnents on the X2.