R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 PM
tiko
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey guys I’m new to R/C racing, so to get my feet wet and to be able to learn all the basics I got a TT-01R to start with. I would like to race in the SPEC/Novice class in upcoming TCS race at Tamiyas racetrack. I have a few questions and I’m hoping that some of you experienced guys could help me. First, what type of tires would you guys recommend and if I should use inserts or not? These are my choices Racing Slicks-50454, Racing Radials-50419, and Racing Semi Slick Tires-50810. Second, which springs I should use out of these three sets 53163, 49382, and 49389. I’m using the TRF shocks with two hole pistons and the Tamiya 400 oil in all four shocks. Now I saved the best for last, I have to use the stock 19-tooth pinion/61-tooth spur gear with the 540-J Silver Can Motor. I went out to the Tamiyas racetrack and the car is very slow. Since I cannot do anything about the gear ratio does anyone have any suggestion on what can I do to make my MOTOR faster but I do want it to be legal for the race? I know that I just opened a CAN of worms. Thanks fellows for any and all suggestions.