R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My Homemade tire balancer....check it out!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkas10
He is saying that if you apply the putty like most people, you will pack it in along side of a webbing in the wheel. On a 1/2 off wheel, that puts the putty too far from the centerline of the wheel and this is not an optimal situation. You should try to keep the weight you add near the center line of the wheel since you just don't know if the original out of balance issue is caused by too much weight near the outer, inner, or center part of the wheel/foam/tire... So, to be safe, apply your balance weight near the center of the wheel. And if a lot of balance weight is required, try to spread it out and not pile it up in one small surface area. The lead tape works well for this.

Truggy tires are the topic. Buggy tires are much narrower and are not noticeably affected. Same concept applies though.

That is what I am saying, and I believe that is Integra's opinion as well. If so, he'll do the bobble head thing for us.

Well said buddy.

JOEHULL....No comment.