R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite Platinum 21XP
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
NuthinFancy91
Tech Addict

I own two DYNM Platinum .21 's.

It's a good motor, mine can run with anyone in my class and I race against GRP's and Novarossi's, it has good power and lacks a little on the take off if the tune isn't perfect, but it holds it's own especially at the price. Mine has 7 gallons nearing 8 on it, I've had to replace the front bearing but that was 6 bucks. It lacks on the fuel economy, with a DYNM 053 MR pipe I would be lucky if I could make it to the 7 minutes. I switched to a JP-4 and I' pitting around 8-8 1/2 minutes. In my second heat at the Psycho Nitro Blast, I was at 8 and half minutes and realized I hadn't stopped for fuel lol, it was leaning out but my pitman got it in time. It has good if not better power now than at the 1 gallon mark, still good compression.

I don't worry about my motor on race days, it cranks with ease and runs good and strong. It's fun to go down the front straight side by side with a guy running a tuned GRP, knowing I bought two motors for his one motor. (not sure of how well their motors are tuned, and I run sportsman buggy )