R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
c1 racin
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c1 racin
NEED help ....

This weekend at the Texas Biggie I had a Max SL3 implode, so I put in my back up which is a Novarossi NSR3 Race ... I got it new a couple years ago but it has only had MAYBE a half gallon thru it ... After putting it in the car and tuning a little (hadn't been started or ran in about a year) it ran surprisingly well. I continued tuning it, getting the gearing, and clutch / two-speed adjusted. It was running better than it did when I replaced it with the Max.

In the main here's were the problem was, which was why I replaced it to begin with. It runs great, never gets about 270ish. However when I come in to pit an refuel it will flamout ... not everytime and not as soon as the idle slows. It happened twice in the 30 min main, first time (about the 10 min. mark) my pit man refueled me and I left pit lane and on the second turn it just flamed out. It fired right back up with no problem. The second time (about the 25 min mark) after getting refueled I was at the end of pit lane when it flamed out. Once again it started without any problem.

..... Can someone tell me what causes this .....