R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOT NEWS!! Tamiya’s newest “R” chassis kit! TOP SECRET!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 AM
ChattyMatty
Tech Apprentice

Default Several minutes later...

After a beer run (and a beer) I gave in and opened the box. Basically, it’s a repackaged M03R with the blue plated chassis (it even looks like it’s just a sticker placed over the old M03R box!) and all its aluminium bling, plus a raid of the TL01 parts bin for all the best of the decade that chassis had to evolve. It differs from the standard M03R by way of a bunch of additional goodies the M03R should have included from the beginning like the TA03 ball diff, hollow carbon gear shafts, universal drive shafts, a full set of blue turnbuckles, sway bars, blue sway bar balls, white turing car tuned spring set (in place of the Mini white spring set) and a hi-torque servo saver complete with the aluminum horn. Instead of blue chrome wheels to match the chassis it comes with clear blue dish wheels…I guess to match the shocks? To make the M03R into the FF02R it also includes the TL01/FF02 Long Arm Suspension kit (for 157mm track width) and two new items unique to the FF02R chassis: a pair of beautiful aluminium chassis extenders (for 258mm wheelbase). No flexy plasic here, but real live blingy goodness! About the only thing I can think of that it’s missing are titanium screws and the quick release battery holder, bummer.