R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
silverhkswrx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stone D
And as I am also new to drifting, and also making me re-entry into RC since high school many eons ago, are there any tips on chassis stiffness? I run a tc5r, with the itf top deck. It comes with the option to mount with countersunk screws, or to use o rings and spacers on the screws to allow more flex.

And I have no idea which would be more beneficial.

I was also wondering about gearing. I'm running a 13.5 bl on lipo, but am lost as to how high I should gear it. With the high gears that I was using on rubber tires, on abs it spins if I nail it from a dead stop. Yet at mid throttle, I don't seem to have the throttle 'snap' to kick out in turns. Is this something I just need more practice at, or should I drop my gears for more torque?
use hpi t drifts. that cures that problem almost 100%. you could imagine, i use a 8.5T and am on lipo also. believe me, mine slides. the t drifts helped in every department, speed, acceleration, control and most importantly slide. the sliding is much more natural, and you can control it better.

try the t drifts and if you dont slide enough, regear to a higher fdr. watch the heat of the motor and esc. if it gets too hot and not sliding enough... may be time for a new motor.