R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ok guys, i dont get many opportunities to toot my own horn, so let me do it for once

That 2-season old Cyclone Hara of mine still has it. It won the 10.5/lipo class at the Geneva Touring Car Masters saturday, it's a 10.5/CS27 carpet indoor spec class. I used Andy Moore 11/06 (2+ yrs old setup for a 2+ yrs old car) CRF setup (which basically is a variation of Hara's famous "1.5" setup that works almost everywhere) with 40WT oil all around (I only run a 10.5 when this guy was on a 7x1) and 1.0 sweep at the front (as I don't have Andy's fingers ) and the car was an absolute dream. The car was absolutely fantastic, and people came up to me spontaneously to talk about how incredibly efficient it was on the track, both easy to drive, while still carrying impressive corner speed. It ran the only 29-lapper of the day in that class, while the "open" guys would run 29 or 28 lappers.

Car still has a lot of life in it perfect way to close the indoors season!

About one of the posts above: I think Hara puts a washer below the piston for 2 reasons:
1- prevent damaging the shock body with the e-clip if the car bottoms out (shouldn't be the case unless you have the droop setup really wrong vs. shock length but you never know)
2- keep some oil below the piston at all times to prevent a "succion" effect (which would generate extra, unexpected pack due to the turbulent flow) should the suspension get squashed right after it got fully extended.

Now, a good car cleanup, rebuild, then on the shelf, and off to the outdoors, 8th scale off road season with the MBX-6!!!

Paul